Hello, hope your week is off to a start. Here we are busy just getting within our Provence planter container along with chinoiserie tole. For anybody who placed a order, they will shipping out tomorrow and Thursday. As we constantly do in the week to anybody else, we will hold.
Thus…….you understand me and my blossoms, I adore them and can’t imagine life with them, they just make me happy. I recently had such fun shooting a day trip into the city to the flower district that I adore and love and have written about several times. Have made a couple of connections and understand people who help out me and are my
“head to’s”, makes me feel like an insider:-RRB- This time I had been on a mission…. .to gather flowers for the infant shower since I was doing all of the structures. I had such fun:-RRB-
First a look at what I got after which the arrangementsdid not take as many pictures as I would have liked once the shower got going but you certainly get the idea. I don’t have any formal training in floral style but love to experiment and use every arrangement I create as an experiment to determine what works and what does not. At the bottom of this post you will find a few pointers I’ve discovered along the way…. .
Few things make me happier than seeing my kitchen Become a glorious joyful wreck aka my gentleman
The fact that I happen to import whites and blue (and that she asked if we could do the structures in white and blue) positive came in handy
Proof that things could get messy, I’m like a scientist once I begin
Ta dah! My first batch of arrangements
A Couple of hours later….great advancement has been made:)
And those are prepared for their close up!
If I did not adore her accordingly. Much I would have kidnapped them and retained them for myself)
And off they go to the individual who had been sending them to the place for me…. .even all packaged up from the rear of a car they look amazing-
Just a couple of pics taken at the shower-
Well, well, well……looks like there’s an upside afterall to performing the florals in thick blue and whites, so they are too heavy for anyone to lift and take home accordingly with the exception of some, I had been blessed enough to get some back to sprinkle around the home, and I loved them for a good five or even six months after-
A FEW POINTERS-
- For hydrangeas I cut down the stems immediately on a 45 degree angle then use ultra hot water (travels up the stem quicker to the actual blossom so goes the logic behind doing this)
- I maintain my blossoms in a very cool spot (like a garage) or just a refrigerator till I wish to use them
- The soonest I shall start the structures would be the evening prior to
- I purchase cases of the oasis (usually 24 cubes to a box) it is so much more affordable than a place like Michael’s or the regional florist, it is possible to supply it around Amazon
- I had been concerned about using the warm water for those roses but guess what? It worked…. .the flowers lasted a great 8 days after the shower so I obviously did something right:-RRB-
- When performing the structures I start with the biggest flowers first (normally the hydrangeas) and place them as a foundation towards the ground then operate towards the center
- people frequently ask how I know just how many flowers to purchase…. .truthfully. There is absolutely no formula or science behind that, I only kind of eyeball it to get approximately 12 arrangments of varying sizes I utilized a total of about 14 bundles of blossoms
- Purchase a good quality set of shears, they may last and last and pay for themselves very quickly (great to have for choosing flowers from your yard also)
- If I did not have my flower district I would rely Whole Foods to receive my flowers, they are surprising very affordable and will even order for you with a day or two notice and provides a 10% discount when you are buying multiples
- Costco believe it or not has a few excellent deals on flowers also! I’ve ordered from them online and they came in beautifully, you only need to think ahead as you normally need to order at least a week or so beforehand
- I really do recommend adding fresh water every day to the agreement
- Think beyond the box around planters and containers, apartment to ginger fountains, mint juleps, little vases all make exquisite containers for flower arranging
- finally, have fun! This is like a fun experiment every time, the only way you will learn (apart from taking a class) would be to dive right in and start arranging away. You Tube has many videos and if you are worried it but come on, how to’s, we are talking blossoms here and they might never look bad! It’s not as difficult as it might look…. .they have a Means of pulling themselves collectively:-RRB-
It was fun reliving that enjoyable afternoon thorough this post….it was what I would call a labor of love, so because my niece is really sweet and so deserving and this infant (their first) had been a long time in the creating and needing, therefore all great things come to people who wait! Hope all you flower lovers loved this post as much as I did putting it all together.
Thank you for stopping in, wishing you a great moment. Until next time…. .
PS In case this post has you really anxious to do just a flower arranging your own, now and tomorrow planters and all the vases on the shop are an extra 20% off! Use code PLANTER